1. Multek’s latest PCB technologies will be on display at MDM East, in June 2017
Come meet Multek representatives at MDM East, held from Tuesday, June 13th to Thursday, June 15th in New York, NY. We will be showcasing our latest technologies in flexible PCBs, which enable a whole range of applications across multiple industries.
Conference Link: http://mdmeast.mddionline.com/
2. Multek presented at LOPEC 2017
Enid Kivuti, Director of Innovation and Technology, Multek, delivered a talk last month on ‘Enabling Smart and Connected Living through High Volume Roll to Roll Manufacturing’ at LOPEC 2017, an international exhibition for the Printed Electronics industry, held in Messe München, Germany. Enid discussed cost-effective manufacturing methods for connected living, roll-to-roll printed electronics and merging existing manufacturing techniques with new automated solutions to deliver improved performance.
Click here to view the presentation.
3. Multek presented at IPC APEX EXPO 2017
Dr. Joan Vrtis, Multek’s Chief Technology Officer, recently delivered a talk on “Accelerating Collective Innovation: Investing in the Innovation Landscape” at the IPC APEX Expo 2017 held in San Diego, CA during February. Dr. Joan discussed how a major manufacturer uses an internal venture incubator to accelerate smaller players towards realizing their big ideas and how others can adopt this approach.
Click here to view the presentation.
4. Multek’s latest PCB technologies were displayed at MDM West, in February 2017
Multek showcased latest technologies in Multilayer and Flexible PCBs which enable a whole range of applications across MedTech industry and other industries at MDM West, held between Tuesday, February 7th and Thursday, February 9th in Anaheim, California.
Conference Link: http://mdmwest.mddionline.com/
5. Multek’s latest PCB technologies were displayed at Strategies in Light, in February 2017
Multek showcased latest technologies in Multilayer and Flexible PCBs which enable a whole range of applications across LED Lighting and other industries at Strategies in Light, held between Tuesday, February 28th and Thursday, March 2nd in Anaheim, California.
Conference Link: http://www.strategiesinlight.com/index.html
6. Multek’s latest PCB technologies were displayed at Electronica, in November 2016
Multek showcased latest technologies in multi-layer and flexible PCBs, which enable a whole range of applications across multiple industries, at the Electronica 2016 held in Munich, Germany from Tuesday, November 8th to Friday, November 11th 2016.
Conference Link: http://electronica.de/
Booth: Hall B4, Stand 127
7. Multek’s latest PCB technologies were displayed at PCB West California, in September 2016
Multek showcased latest technologies in multi-layer and flexible PCBs, which enable a whole range of applications across multiple industries at PCB West 2016 held in Santa Clara, CA from Tuesday, September 13th to Thursday, September 15th
Conference Link: http://www.pcbwest.com/index.php
8. Multek’s latest PCB technologies were displayed at Electronica India, in September 2016
Multek showcased the latest technologies in multi-layer and flexible PCBs, which enable a whole range of applications across multiple industries at Electronica India, held from Wednesday, September 21st to Friday, September 23rd in Bangalore
Conference Link: http://electronica-india.com/
9. Multek Flexible, Rigid & Rigid-Flex Circuits were featured at the Wearable Technologies USA in July 2016
Multek, along with Flex who was one of the event sponsors, exhibited at the Wearable Technologies Conference 2016, held in San Francisco, California on Tuesday, July 12th and Wednesday, July 13th. Multek showcased technologies that enable the latest wearables, IOT and mobile devices.
Conference Link: http://www.wearable-technologies.com/events/wt-wearable-technologies-conference-2016-usa
10. Multek’s latest Flexible Circuit technologies were displayed at Intersolar North America, in July 2016
Multek showcased the latest PCB technologies for the Energy industry at the Intersolar North America conference held in San Francisco, CA from Tuesday, July 12th to Thursday, July14.
Event Link: https://www.intersolar.us/en/home.html
11. Multek’s latest Flexible Circuit technologies were displayed at MDM EAST, in New York during June 2016
Multek showcased the latest flexible PCB technologies, which enable a whole range of applications across the MedTech industry and other industries at the MDM EAST Conference, held in New York, between June 14th and June 16th.
Event Link: http://mdmeast.mddionline.com/expo-mdm
12. Multek and Sierra Wireless collaborate on System in Package (SiP) IOT Modules
Multek along with Flex collaborated with the Sierra Wireless to create a System in Package (SiP) Internet of Things (IoT) module design for the CF3 form factor module for a non-cellular WAN and PAN application in support of Sierra’s Project mangOH™, an open source reference design that is supported by the Legato™ platform.
This SiP IoT module was designed and delivered to an aggressive 7-week schedule which included PCB Design, Quick Turn Fabrication & Assembly (Multek ITC/Zhuhai Factory) and embedded software & functional testing (Sierra Wireless CTO team). The SiP design incorporated Multek’s advanced Every Layer Interconnect (ELIC) technology, developed for miniaturization and high circuit density required for advanced IoT modules. SiP technology adoption is enabling the IoT in all Connected Markets.
Dr. Joan Vrtis, CTO Multek, will co-present with the Sierra Wireless CTO team, about the collaboration that enabled this IoT advancement.
The above summary was sourced from: http://hub.sierrawireless.com/innovation_summit_flex
13. Multek expands automotive capabilities with new Zhuhai auto division
Multek has announced the launch of its new Zhuhai automotive division in response to its rapidly growing automotive business. The Company also announced completion of ISO/TS16949:2009 quality accreditation for its high layer count factory, and now delivers TS16949-grade automotive offerings at all of its manufacturing facilities globally.
14. Multek presented at Chief Strategy Officer Summit, Hong Kong in April 2016
Multek’s Head of Strategy & Marketing presented on “Reinvigorating Product Strategy” at the Chief Strategy Officer Summit 2016, which was held in Hong Kong on Thursday, April 14th and Friday, April 15th. The Chief Strategy Officer Summit brings together the most dynamic and senior executives operating in the Asia Pacific region in the areas of strategy & planning, mergers & acquisitions and corporate business development.
to download the presentation
15. Multek presented at Digital Marketing & Strategy Innovation Summit, Hong Kong in April 2016
Multek’s Head of Strategy & Marketing moderated an expert panel discussion on “Key Developments Digital Marketers Must Embrace” at the Digital Marketing & Strategy Innovation Summit, which was held in Hong Kong on Tuesday, April 12th and Wednesday, April 13th. The Digital Marketing & Strategy Innovation Summit brings together the world’s most dynamic and senior executives operating in the areas of marketing strategy and digital innovation.
Event Link: http://theinnovationenterprise.com/summits/digital-marketing-strategy-innovation-hong-kong-2016
16. Happy Year of the Monkey – Multek President Franck Lize’s Lunar New Year Message (February 2016)
Multek President, Franck Lize would like to extend his Lunar New year greetings and took the opportunity to update customers about key initiatives Multek recently undertook to provide best-in-class service and technology support.
Click here to see Franck’s Message.
17. Multek CTO, Dr. Joan Vrtis’ interview on Challenges of the Fast Moving Wearables Market features among PCB007’s top 10 most read interviews in 2015 (December 2015)
Multek CTO, Dr. Joan Vrtis’ interview on the rapidly evolving wearables market has been ranked among the top 10 most read interviews for 2015. During the interview, Dr. Joan also discussed about Multek’s contribution to the wearable industry and the challenges faced while putting its circuits into various application.
18. Multek advances its Flexible Printed Circuit facility in China (November 2015)
Multek has announced the completion of its flexible circuit facility advancement in Zhuhai, China. Multek has the capability to produce miniaturized Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC) down to 30-micron fine line and space using leading-edge drilling capabilities.
To further its technological lead, Multek recently completed major modernization investments for its facility specializing in FPC and FPC Assembly. These capability expansions and capacity increases include:
- State-of-the-art FPC technology, like Roll-to-Roll Printing and Roll-to-Sheet Cutting
- Improved quality through automation, such as Auto-Lay Up and AOIs
- Advanced drill capabilities, including UV Laser and X-Ray drilling
- Solder balling technology, which is a differentiator for Multek.
19. Multek upgrades its Rigid Printed Circuit facility in China (October 2015)
Multek recently upgraded its rigid-board production facility by installing a class 10,000 clean room dedicated to fabricating inner-layer PCBs. Multek launched a thoroughly-upgraded rigid board plant that specializes in producing highly cost-competitive Low Layer Count, as well as precision, high-mix-low-volume PCBs. Improved processes and process flows now enable shorter lead-times and enhanced flexibility for Multek customers. Examples of specific facility upgrades and new equipment, just to name a few, include:
- New pulse pattern plating line for enhanced capacity and plating distribution
- Newly upgraded clean room for inner layer
- Investments in automation, such as Auto Exposure and Mechanical Drilling machines
- Leading-edge AOI and Flying Probe E-Test equipment
- Vacuum DES, Plating, and Direct Metallization capabilities delivering enhanced technology and environmental performance
20. Zhuhai TV interviews Multek in “Flex Zhuhai: The Future of Wearable Devices” (September. 2015)
Multek CTO, Dr. Joan Vrtis, along with Flex’s VP of Product Industrialization, David Johnson, is interviewed on TV about the future of wearable devices. Among other things, Dr. Vrtis talks about the Digital Tattoo -- a disposable smart device that can attach to the body’s surface -- which Multek is designing (this video is in Chinese with some English).
21. Paris Tech Review writes about Multek in “The External Effect of Flex’s Transformation” (September 2015)
At Multek’s Interconnect Technology Center (ITC), researchers are working hard to develop new printed circuit boards (PCB), including flexible PCBs used for wearable and other devices. Multek, Flex’s PCB subsidiary, is the first in the industry to be working on the 18th layer of “any-layer interconnect” circuit board technology.
Source English: http://sptreview.org/en/2015/09/23/flex-the-effect-of-transformation/
Source Chinese: http://sptreview.org/blog/2015/09/23/flex-the-effect-of-transformation/
22. Multek CTO, Dr. Joan Vrtis, writes about Wearables in the June 2015 issue of PCB Magazine (June 2015)
Multek Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Joan Vrtis, writes about recent breakthroughs in wearable electronics that are driving exciting and innovative applications in the health, wellness, safety and entertainment markets. This article highlights the current and forward-looking interconnect technologies enabling the stream of amazing new smart, wearable electronic devices connecting the user to their personalized experience.
English article: http://iconnect007.uberflip.com/i/521718-pcb-june2015/22
To download an English copy, click HERE
Chinese article: http://www.pcb007china.com/articles/2846/1//1.html
23. Multek Technical Advisor, Dr. William Beckenbaugh, and CTO, Dr. Joan Vrtis, writes about the Intelligence of ThingsTM in the April 2015 issue of PCB Magazine (April 2015)
As the Internet of Things (IoT) spawns new intelligent connected platforms for sensing and control products such as wearable electronics, home automation, and medical monitoring, High-Density Interconnect (HDI) technologies are enabling the Intelligence of Things. This article explores the key requirements and new approaches required for the application of HDI solutions.
To download an English copy, click HERE
24. Multek Awarded ISO/TS16949 Certification (April 2015)
Multek’s flagship facility in Zhuhai, China recently achieved the ISO/TS16949 certification for its automotive quality excellence. Issued by the globally-recognized certification organization BSI Management Systems, theISO/TS16949 is a comprehensive Quality Management System that defines the foundational requirements of the automotive industry. It is recognized as the elite standard that meets the requirements of automotive parts manufacturers and suppliers for the design, development, production, installation and servicing of automotive-related products.
25. Multek CTO Excited about the Challenges of the Fast-Moving Wearables Market (March 2015)
At the IPC APEX EXPO 2015, Multek’s CTO Joan Vrtis discussed with Barry Matties of I-Connect007 on the rapidly evolving wearables market, especially for medical, and the myriad questions that must be addressed. Multek’s contribution to the wearables industry and what it sees as the main challenges to putting their circuits into various applications were also covered during the discussion.
26. PCB Processing Has Been Quite Different In the Wearable Era (December 2014)
David Hunter, VP Operations Multek, briefs on the challenges facing PCBs in the Wearable era, how Multek overcomes the challenges, development of strength of Chinese manufacturers, Multek’s end-to-end supply chain service systems and their increased investment in Chinese plants.
Link to English version.
27. Asia’s Wearable Device Market Shows Great Potential (November 2014)
When it comes to wearable devices, what usually come into mind would be Google glass, smart watches and fitness smart bands. However, wearable devices have already gone much beyond to cover gloves, belts, shoes and even soft products such as jackets. These products could all be very smart in the future. In Asia, the sector is not growing as fast as it is in the U.S. and Europe, but there is huge growth potential.
Link to English version.
28. Chinese firms poised to grow as players in the ‘wearables’ market (October 2014)
With demand for wearable devices expected to climb, mainland tech firms expand into sector. More mainland companies, including major brands and a new wave of start-ups, are expected to make rapid progress in the wearable computing devices market over the next few years, tapping opportunities in both consumer and industrial applications.
29. Multek’s Interconnect Technology Center Established in Zhuhai (July 2014)
Multek, a leading manufacturer of printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, has announced that it is solidifying its presence and advancing the technological infrastructure of its flagship operation in Zhuhai by establishing a state-of-the-art Interconnect Technology Center (ITC).
Link to English version.